torstai 5. toukokuuta 2016

Entries 8-11

Entry 8, 8.4.2024

Stephanie seems better now. Cheerful, energetic. She made me dance with her.

It was a bit tough, as she was the one who knew the steps and I was the one who could take them without falling. She was having fun, though, that's all that matters.

Entry 9, 10.4.2024

I got a call from the job office today. Apparently there's a job for me, in some new detective firm. For all I know it could be anything from sorting papers or mopping the floor to catching criminals. Oh, if only they'd let me do that.

My childhood dream jobs used to vary from detective work to being a criminal mastermind. Not that the dreaming ever stopped.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about working. All that effort for basically nothing. But I'll give it a try. Fuck it. If I don't like it, I quit.

(there's a red post-it note with the text "Tomorrow, 9:00, King & Dawson Detective Agency, remember GPS and the suit!" written in big, bold letters)

Entry 10, 11.4.2024

It would seem that I'm not unemployed anymore. Ten to four, Tuesday to Saturday. Wonderful, keeping me from enjoying a Saturday in peace. And I'm supposed to keep my phone always turned on. Sure, if I remember. Not that I want to.

I'll probably take some days off 'being sick', preferably Saturdays. We don't need the money but Steph doesn't like me just playing shooters all day. Says it's not healthy. Fine, darling, I have a job. Now what?

Entry 11, 12.4.2024

First day at the job. Not as bad as I'd thought I guess, I have a decent computer and a lot of free time. The boss brought in some wench off the street, saying she has a case for us. Ha, if only. I could just feel the tension.

Or maybe she's his daughter? The guy's pretty old.

But I seriously doubt she's here to hire us. She looks too carefree for that.

The other guys are walking around, moving papers around and trying to peek over my shoulder. Dicks. And the only woman's just on her Facebook playing farmville. Well, you do what you gotta do to pass the time.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti